Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rally Cry For Prayer

Good morning.

What an awesome God we serve! His grace and love continually overwhelms me. The presence of His Holy Spirit supersedes my expectations.

All across America, political candidates are doing everything they can think of to rally the public to come along beside them to elect the candidates in to an office. I, too, wish to rally the people along beside me, not for an election into an office, but to join with me in prayer for the souls of lost people.

As you may have seen on the page for the church which I am the pastor, throughout this month we are doing a special series focusing on marital relationships. We, along with several churches across the US are using the great movie "Fireproof" as the launch point for this time. This past Sunday was our first week and the Holy Spirit was among us in a glorious way. I deeply sensed his movement among the people in the worship gathering. We were blessed to have three new families to join with us. Three families may not seem to be a lot,but when you're a small congregation, three families represent 15% of the total attendance.

Life in Christ Fellowship, is a new start church. Though we have been officially organized for 5 years, we have only been in the community where God has lead us to serve Him, for 2 years. This community of 16,000+ contains the same variety of people as most. There are white collar and blue collar employees. Economically upper class, middle class, and lower class groups of people. Old, young, any where in between. Happy and broken people. Believers and unbelievers. Church attendees and non-attendees. Healthy families and families struggling to make it and stay together. Our harvest field is white and ready to gather in. The estimation of non-believers/unchurched in our ministry community is 72%

So my rally cry, if you would, is to join with me and my congregation in prayer. I deeply feel that this month can be a major turning point for our ministry as a body of believers as we reach out into this harvest field that God has sent us into. Will you join with me in prayer? Will you hold me up in prayer as the pastor of LICF? We desire that God would use us and flow through us in a mighty way to make a difference in the lives all the people in our ministry community.

Thank you in advance for your prayer support through out this month and beyond is you so desire to do so. If you wish to be notified personally of how God is answering these prayers, let me know and I can drop you an e-mail/message. I do plan on posting in this venue of communication how God is working and moving among us. I just know that we will see Him work beyond all we can imagine or think, because it is His power working in us! I know He is going to do something great because I have a big imagination!

Only and Always Because of Christ,
Pastor Scott Polley

No comments: