Monday, August 13, 2007

Heading to Honduras


This Wednesday morning at 6 a.m. I board an airplane and fly to Honduras for a week of ministry in the garbage dump in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. The ministry will be among the children that live and acquire their day to day existence from what they can acquire from the garbage. Rather it be a scrap of food to eat or a item to sell, it is all they have.
Below is a link which you can follow to view some pictures of where I will be.

Upon my return, I will post the story of this journey and some pictures. However at this present time, I am filled with questions such as: What will I smell, hear, taste, see and feel? Where will I get to preach at? As the children of the dump break my heart and how will I handle it? Will I be safe? How will God use me?
I know I will be able to have these questions answered shortly and I am excited at the opportunity to go. I know my heart and life will never be the same as a result of this journey. I know my ministry for the Kingdom will never be the same. I just want it to have an eternal impact.
So over the next few posts upon my return, I will share with you as to how God has greatly and richly moved. I may make an alternative blog/post area for these stories. Until then ..... I covet your prayers.

Some of the pictures of where I am going to share the love of Jesus.



1 comment:

nazpaz said...

Blessings on you pastor - have a wonderful, fruitful trip!